PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information (Personal Information) that includes name, NRIC, passport number, mailing address, email address, contact numbers, including residential phone number or mobile phone number, date of birth, communication preferences, contact information for friends you may wish us to contact (for example, Refer a Friend messages) and any other Personal Information provided by you.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal Information that we collect and process may be generated though the purchase of our products or services or use of our Websites. We collect Personal Information when you:
- sign-up for any mailing list operated by us;
- purchase our products or services;
- submit any personal data questionnaires;
- submit a request to collect samples from our brands;
- participate in our rewards programme;
- visit our Websites or online advertisements; and
- submit any queries online on our Websites
We may also collect Personal Information where it is already publicly available or when you disclose to us through other channels (physical or electronic) or dealings.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time via email or in writing to insert email or to L'Oreal at 1 George Street #19-01/03 One George Street Singapore 049145 or its registered address for the time being.
- We may require seven business days - confirm to process your request for any update of particulars or withdrawal of consent to take effect.
Personal Information may be combined with other information to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop holistic services.
If you have an existing relationship with us prior to 2 January 2014 or consented to receiving calls and messages, you will continue to be updated on our promotions and marketing campaigns. If you no longer wish to continue to receive marketing calls or messages, you may withdraw your consent as described below.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- If you have consented, we use Personal Information to send you email, SMS and other communications containing product information, cosmetic tips or promotions.
- Except as described in the Business Transfers clause below, with your consent we may provide Personal Information to third parties for their use in marketing their products or services to you.
- We do not sell Personal Information.
- We may share Personal Information with our affiliates.
- We use Personal Information for the purposes of our ordinary course of business, including:
- to provide you with personalized services;
- to enable us to develop, deliver and improve our products, services, content and advertising;
- to administer our websites;
- to improve your experience with us;
- to send important notices, such as communications about products and services, special offers or changes to our terms, conditions and policies;(vi) to respond to your queries;
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research; and
- to improve our products, services and customer communications.
Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we may sell certain of our assets. In these sales, user information, including Personal Information, generally is one of the transferred business assets. By submitting your Personal Information on the Website you agree that your data may be transferred as a business asset in these sales. You may choose not to have your information transferred as a business asset by contacting us as described below.
Compliance with Law: We may disclose Personal Information that is necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. In addition, we may disclose any information when it is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with suspected or actual illegal activity.
Storage of Personal Information: We as soon as reasonably possible will delete or otherwise anonymise Personal Information that is no longer required for business or legal purposes.
Updating Your Information: You can review, change or request deletion of your Personal Information by contacting insert.
Opt-Out and Managing Your Preferences: You can choose whether or not you would like to receive email from us. You may change your preferences at any time clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email you receive from us, or emailing us at insert. You may unsubscribe from receiving text messages, by contacting insert. You may also choose not to receive mail or phone communications by emailing us at insert and specifying that this is your preference.